IR Expert Speaks Out After 40 Years Of Silence : “IT’S THE WATER VAPOR STUPID and not the CO2”

It is sad that we have to wait until a scientist retires before we get the truth.

Real Science

Mike Sanicola  says:

I’m a professional infrared astronomer who spent his life trying to observe space through the atmosphere’s back-radiation that the environmental activists claim is caused by CO2 and guess what? In all the bands that are responsible for back radiation in the brightness temperatures (color temperatures) related to earth’s surface temperature (between 9 microns and 13 microns for temps of 220K to 320 K) there is no absorption of radiation by CO2 at all. In all the bands between 9 and 9.5 there is mild absorption by H2O, from 9.5 to 10 microns (300 K) the atmosphere is perfectly clear except around 9.6 is a big ozone band that the warmists never mention for some reason. From 10 to 13 microns there is more absorption by H2O. Starting at 13 we get CO2 absorption but that wavelength corresponds to temperatures below even that of the south pole…

View original post 292 more words

Advertisements

About Russ Steele

Freelance writer and climate change blogger. Russ spent twenty years in the Air Force as a navigator specializing in electronics warfare and digital systems. After his service he was employed for sixteen years as concept developer for TRW, an aerospace and automotive company, and then was CEO of a non-profit Internet provider for 18 months. Russ's articles have appeared in Comstock's Business, Capitol Journal, Trailer Life, Monitoring Times, and Idaho Magazine.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to IR Expert Speaks Out After 40 Years Of Silence : “IT’S THE WATER VAPOR STUPID and not the CO2”

  1. Water vapor among atmospheric absorbants has always been the 800 gorilla in the ‘room’. CO2 is comparatively a tiny fraction of what greenhouses sunlight and heat. Welcome to physics. But this makes no nevermind with those on the government grant tit.

  2. water vapor makes days cooler / nights warmer than normal = overall, if you calculate the temp for every minute in 24h, it’s same

    deserts have hotter days, but colder nights, than rainforest on same latitude; overall are same
    please look at this post, to see what has deceived them regarding water vapor: http://globalwarmingdenier.wordpress.com/water-vapor-h2o/

  3. Carl G. Looney, Ph.D. says:

    I said several years ago that water in the oceans and in the atmosphere are what absorb the Sun’s energy, mostly which is mostly in the visible light wavelengths. but some in the IR band. CO2 absorbs an insignificant amount but pays it out to outer space. Because C2 is fairly uniformly distributed upward for several miles, it pays its small amount of heat out to space mostly.

  4. Carl G. Looney, Ph.D. says:

    CO2 can only absorb a very small band of infrared, and because there is only 398 parts per million in the atmosphere, it doesn’t amount to anything as far as heating or cooling the planet

  5. Only 3.27% of all CO2 generated comes from man, the other 96.73% comes from nature. Only 0.001% of water vapor comes from man; the other 99.999% comes from nature. Water vapor by a factor of 26 has more of a spectral absorption bandwidth or GGE than does CO2. After adding the contributions of methane, nitrous oxide, and CFCs it turns out only 0.28% of the GGE comes from man, the other 99.72% comes from nature. If man ceased to exist, the reduction in the GGE would be hardly noticeable.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s